Monday, February 5, 2018

Wizard of Oz poster project


Contrast

Since we were doing a poster project, contrast played a huge role. We had to use it to make sure everything that needed to stand out does, and things that don't are still there but not as outstanding. I used contrast mainly on the name of the play by making it larger and a better color so that if people look over at it, they will see the name first. I wanted the date to be better as well, so I made it the same color as the title. We did have some extra parts which I but in the bottom corners for legal reason.

Alignment

Alignment was just as important as contrast, as it makes the lines easier to read. I wanted to to do a center alignment because I didn't want the poster to look very serious, since it is not a very serious play. Putting the different parts of the name around the picture makes it a little bit trickier to know what the next part to read was, but I made the parts look the exact same to solve that problem. The text in the corners are aligned to their appropriate sides (the two in the left corner are left aligned, and vise versa). We didn't have a tool like they have in word where it center aligns it for you, I have do do my best to make sure that the words are in the middle.

Repetition 

Repeating the same thing makes it less confusing but still shows creativity. I used the same color for the title that I did for the date and time to make sure that those are the first texts that people see. The same font was used in the bottom part with the date, contacts, and cost. I wanted to use the color white as parts that are not very important but I still wanted to put them on the poster so people would understand everything about the play. The main part of the poster was the title, so to make it stand out from the date, but still have the same color, I added a shadow so that it pops.

Proximity

The placement of words and pictures in this poster was really important. I wanted to place the words in a part of the picture where they would stand out from the yellow brick road and so that people would see those words first. Figuring out where to space out the date and time from the price and contact was kind of weird since I didn't want them to be to far apart but I wanted people to recognize them as different, so I gave them a small amount of space and put the contacts close to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment