Friday, December 20, 2019

3D Progress

Throughout this semester I have been working a lot on 3D animation. My main focus has been a couple of robots which I have had fun building and rigging.

My first part of the project was a small slender robot which was supposed to be a maintanance bot. The thin figure was meant to bring out the other features of it so that people would be able to tell what exactly its purpose is. I also decided to go with a claw hand and a nail gun for the other hand. I am really happy with the design and I think the other one that I'm working on will work well with it.









The next part that I am working on is a security robot, which has a much bigger body. It's not completely finished, and I am working on the treads for the wheels at the moment. I wanted to make the security part plain to see, so I added lights to a dome in its head. one hand is a loop that can be used to restrain something, and the other is a launcher which can shoot out shock capsules to knock someone down. I haven't even started with the rigging, and I'm only part way through coloring.


So far, I have taken about a month and a half to make these two things, but that's only because I take very long and frequent breaks. Even though I do take a lot of breaks, I've had a lot of fun making these robots. Once this entire thing is done I want to add one or two security robots to the animation with the maintenance bot so that it makes it more like this is being presented like how Apple presents their new projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment