Thursday, February 14, 2019

Music Video

The Assignment

This semester we started out by working on a music video that turned out to be a really fun project. When we first started we had to choose a group and then choose a song, the song my group decided to go with was High Hopes by Panic! at the Disco. We had to create a beat sheet and then a story board for how our video was going to go. The concept of our video was inspired by the original music video of the song, except we had our own twist, which was making the focus on a student instead of a business man. The hardest part of all of this was the recording, I was the main focus of the video so on different days when we recorded I had to wear the same thing and keep my hair the same. At the end of the project we had to make sure we had enough clips and that we could make everything fit together with the song.

The Team

My team consisted of me, and four others. we all had to work together to get the project done, and with how everything came together, I would definitely want to work with these four again. The biggest part was making sure we had a schedule so that everyone who needed to be there could be, and we had to get a teacher to be able to go up onto the roof, but in the end everything worked out.

The Tech


The camera that we used was a Canon ESO Rebel T5 which wasn't the easiest to work with, but it got the job done. One problem we had with the beginning shots was that they weren't white balanced, which caused everything to look blue, luckily, since we were using Premier Pro, we were able to fix that problem and make it completely unnoticeable.

The Takeaway

If I could do anything different with this project I would have taken more shot, because of our lack of shots we weren't able to use the entire song, but the problem we had was that there wasn't much we could record to make it fit perfectly. If I were to do something the same in the next project I will definitely keep the lighting, I think the outdoor lighting added a flair to the video that made it look good and have enough light where you could see the actors face.

The Conclusion

This project was really fun through the whole process and I think if we have to do something like this againI would have just as much fun. I think that projects like this are really good for students since it allows them to have fun while still learning good shots and lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment