Thursday, November 1, 2018

Feature Story Blog



Background Information/Process

Over the past couple of weeks we had to work on a feature story project where we had to interview someone. The whole process was pretty fun, since River was a great person to work with. we worked hard together to come up with good question and to make sure that the setting was good and the pictures and videos made sense. I learned a lot about how voiceovers work and how you need to put them into a video, I also figured out more audio and video editing skills. Going back to talking about River, she was a great person to work with and if she wasn't able to record on a certain day she always made up for lost time on days we could record.

My View on the Video

If I could go back I would definitely re-record our scenes in the art room. The biggest problem with it is that I was sitting on the left side of the camera so she ended up looking at the smaller side of the area rather than the larger. On there other hand, if I were to do a project like this again, I would keep doing the panning b-roll like I have in this video. I really like when it starts out on a small portion then you see it pan over to show much more.

General Thoughts

This video was definitely not easy, and one thing that I can draw from it is time management. Being able to manage your time properly will help you get your work done on time and will make sure that you have enough time to edit after you record. In general, I think this project was an amazing learning experience and has help me realize what it is like to be a high school reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment